Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mind = Blown

When my mother got back from a recent vacation to Quebec, she had the usual random presents- a jar of homemade jam, a random postcard of a donkey, and truffle oil which I was told oh so politely I could not have, but I was welcome to come to a dinner in which it is used. What I was not expecting was this:


So my mom pulls out this....fabric. I can't even tell what it is. There are two layers of different fabric, these ridiculously long straps, and random button holes (yet no buttons!). What is this thing and why is my mom giving it to me? Well, it's a.....Actually, I still don't know what the name is. But it's designed by Kariza and it's just about the coolest invention ever. There are seemingly endless ways to wrap, tie, and tuck the fabric and straps to produce unique look after unique look. 


I've been playing around with the idea of doing a week full of only outfits based off of this garment. Kind of like a less philanthropic version of The Black Dress Project or a lazy version of Kendi Everyday's 30 for 30. I may first want to invest in a less hippy-ish fabric choice (I swear, I don't smell like patchouli oil), and probably order the "short" version while I'm at it. And should I attempt to wear this thing for 7 days straight, I should probably pick up some Fabreeze while I'm at it.


Dress-Wrap: Kariza Designs
Shoes: vintage (Buffalo Exchange- Philadelphia, PA)
Don't forget to enter my DesignApparel.com giveaway to win a leather beaded bracelet by Lauren! Entries will be accepted until Saturday night at midnight EST.

1 comment: