Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Boys Who Do Brunch


Oh blog. You've been neglected. You're like that new puppy I begged my parents for and promised I'd play with and take for walks every four hours and always cleanup when he had accidents, only to get distracted by the next cute thing. I swear you're more than that. I've changed baby. I'm a different woman! No more posts once a week. No paragraph long posts or uninspired outfits. I promise darling. You're not like all those other blogs I had before. You're special.


Truth is, a lot of my time has been divided between three equally important time consumers (class, planning a fashion show, and fostering 2 kittens) and my creativity has felt stifled by two unpreventable forces of nature (disgusting heat/humidity and a lack of sleep for the past two weeks).


My dress has actually been sitting in my closet for about four months now, begging to be worn but always feeling too dressy or girly or out of place for daily activities. I was intending to debut it at my cousin's wedding in August, but why wait? So what if the only occasion I had to wear today was just going to brunch at the South Philadelphia Tap Room? This dress is cute, romantic, flattering, and-most importantly- perfectly suited for muggy weather. Though it looks like there's tons of layers, there's really only two. A gauzy mesh ruffles on top, with a sheer slip built in underneath. It's as close as I can get to wearing nothing without breaking any public laws.


Dress: vintage BCBG (Buffalo Exchange- Philadelphia, PA)
Shoes: thrifted (Village Thrift- Pennsauken, NJ)
Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters

1 comment:

  1. these are so lovely! what a great setting for the pretty dress!

    xo

    justyna

    ReplyDelete