Monday, June 7, 2010

Good Friends, Bad Habits


Of course, the Drexel fashion show was fun and all, but I'd be lying if I said that getting ready for it wasn't more exciting. Not only did the show allow for a full-on girly session of primping with Lee and Emmy, it also.gave me an excuse to finally wear this great vintage dress I bought while at SXSW in March. I was immediately drawn to the bright yellow textured fabric and the mod cut sealed the deal, but the 15 pounds I've lost since purchasing the dress made it increasingly difficult to wear. The dress has no shape and looks like a muumuu without something to cinch the waste. The belt I'm wearing is a temporary solution until I get it tailored.


I can't get over how cool the Urban Outfitters HQ was. We didn't get to explore much, but we did take advantage of the koi pond, oversized arm chairs, and beautiful oak doors adorning each office.


Urban HQ is tucked away in the Philadelphia naval yard. In recent years, the area has become trendy for its cheap rent, large office spaces, and beautiful Annapolis campus-like feel. I hadn't been down to the ship yards since I was a kid, when my dad's architecture office was located there as well. I couldn't resist getting a picture by one of the docked ships for old times sake. I can't wait to go back and do a whole photoshoot there!


Dress: vintage (Buffalo Exchange- Austin, TX)
Belt: Divided via H&M
Shoes: thrifted (Village Thrift- Pennsauken, NJ)
Sunglasses- Urban Outfitters

1 comment: