Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Tomatoes and Radio Wire


See anything different? I got a new camera! To be specific, I purchased my first DSLR, much to the dismay of my wallet. I'm still trying to figure out how it all works, but thankfully I've got a photographer boyfriend to hold my hand through the learning process.


Despite temperatures nearing the mid-90s yesterday, I couldn't resist going to Rittenhouse Square to enjoy the sunshine and play around with the camera. I always forget how beautiful the park is and every time chide myself for not taking advantage of it nearly enough. Yesterday I counted no fewer than a dozen dogs and listened to a kid randomly playing banjo for everyone and no one. 


Dressing for Philadelphia in June means dressing for sticky, awful humidity. Given that I was 1) riding my bike 2) leaving directly for class afterward, I needed as few layers as possible to avoid looking like I crawled out of a sauna by the time I got to class. This dress is perfect because of the thin, breathable cotton, while the bleach burns add an interesting touch. I've been wanting to wear this belt for ages, but it's way too large for me. I figured out how to pull it through the buckle without securing in one of the holes, so I was able to make the dress a bit more figure flattering. Jokes on me, the only part of me covered in sweat by the end of the day was my waist. (I know, ew).


The tennis shoes were a much-needed perfect final touch. Nothing screams summer like a pair of tennis shoes, but pairing dresses with sneakers can be tricky. These shoes are usually relegated to an outfit consisting of cut off shorts and a basic t-shirt. But when worked in with a polo dress, it strangely works. And let me tell you, my feet were very happy for the day off from heels. Happy feet = happy Molly.


Dress- American Apparel
Belt- vintage (Sweet Jane- Philadelphia, PA)
Shoes- Urban Outfitters
Sunglasses- Forever 21



No comments:

Post a Comment