Saturday, July 31, 2010

You or Your Memory


Yesterday was the first day in recent memory that Philadelphia has had a break from the heat and humidity. As Ray got ready to go to work, I sat in the living room, windows wide open, no A/C, reveling in my shivers and goosebumps. Naturally, my mind wandered to my latest current obsession: fall. The chilly breezes and perfect hoody weather of autumn seem like a foggy memory. I can almost remember what it felt like to experiment with layers or find the perfect tights to compliment my dress. It seems so far away that I was able to fall asleep under a comforter every night and wear my hair down without worrying about what havoc humidity will wreak.Yesterday's weather made me that much more nostalgic, and filled me with optimism that good things are only a few months away.


Speaking of fall, it seems as though every social networking fashion site is running a "back to school" contest right now. I immediately wrote off an entry as those days are long gone, until I realized that I am indeed returning to school this year. After a couple years as an art history major, followed by many more years of indecision and feeling like an allover waste, I've finally made the decision to return to college to become an American Sign Language interpreter. So, at 23 years old, I guess you can call this my attempt at a "back to school" outfit.


Check out my submissions at Chictopia and Weardrobe and throw up a vote if you're feeling it!

Tank Top: H&M
Cardigan: So What? via Kohl's
Shorts: DIY cut-offs Abercrombie & Fitch, gift
Tights: Walgreens
Wedges: Forever 21
Sunglasses: Buffalo Exchange
Belt: thrifted (American Thrift- Philadelphia, PA)

P.S. Some of my first shots came out overexposed, but still kind of cool I think. I didn't want to post a bunch of contrasted MySpace-esque pictures, but I thought I'd give you guys an idea of what ends up on the cutting room floor.

4 comments:

  1. I looove your shoes :D

    Amanda from petite-dejeuner

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your look..and your boots are awesome.. :)

    http://eelectrocuted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh I've been wanting shoes like that for song long! Love them.

    xo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely cardigan and belt.xx

    http://provocativecouture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete