Friday, May 7, 2010

Busy Signals



Talk about a crazy busy day, I took these pictures at 9:00 in the morning because I knew I wouldn't be getting home before 6:00 and then heading out straight after that. The majority of the day was spent with my mom, having a rare but much appreciated mother-daughter day. We don't have the stereotypical movie best friend relationship; we fought a lot when I was younger (read: a brat), so the fact that we get along now means so much more to me. I love seeing my mom as a real person and getting her perspective on what I'm currently dealing with in my life. She always has the best advice and knows exactly what to do. I guess that's where I get my tendency to over-prepare for everything.


She's also a great shopping partner. My 23rd birthday is rapidly approaching, and we went looking for a pair of running shoes as her present to me. I'm enjoying running at the gym, but who wants to stay inside when it's absolutely beautiful out now? Now that I've got my first real pair of running shoes, I'm super excited to take part in the Monster Milers, a local non-profit organization that allows you to take a local pound puppy out on your daily run. Not only does this provide the runner with some company, it also gets the dogs exercised and socializes them so that they're more likely to be adopted. After shoe shopping, we hit up a few vintage shops and I got some great finds, including a 1960s Elsa Schiaparelli original scarf. I'm still torn between actually wearing it or putting it in a frame and hanging it up as art. I have literally only ever seen Schiaparelli's work displayed in major art museums, so it's an incredible rush to realize that I now own one of her pieces.


On my way home, while trying to find parking, I actually ran into Hallie of Halcoholic right in the middle of a photoshoot with her husband, Bobby. So what do I do? Pull over, throw on my blinkers, and jump into the middle of the shoot. Of course. I can't wait to see how they turned out! Thank god I actually put some thought into my appearance today, instead of just wearing jeans and a v-neck like yesterday. Speaking of which, today is another dress as a non-dress. For reference, here's how I wore it a few weeks ago:


Oof, looking at that is making me miss my old camera. Luckily, I'll be researching cameras this weekend and hopefully getting an SLR as soon as possible, so my photo quality should improve drastically. 

Dress (worn as a shirt): Tea Party
Shorts: H&M
Tights: Walgreens
Shoes: vintage (Sweet Jane- Philadelphia, PA)
Sunglasses: Forever 21

1 comment:

  1. Hey mama I posted our pictures from yesterday ... I chose the best two. We got weird lighting on the hood of that ghetto buster, so in most of the other ones, our faces were too light or had some weird thing going on with the sunglasses. Thanks Bobby, lol. We'll take more on Wednesday. xo

    HALCOHOLIC.com

    ReplyDelete