Saturday, May 15, 2010

Dead By 23

Sometimes I feel like such a hack of a blogger. I haven't been able to update the past few days because I couldn't pick up an internet signal. That's right, I don't even have a steady internet connection. Worst little blogger.

So this outfit is actually from Thursday, when I went out to dinner with my family for a belated birthday celebration. We were going to Blue Sage, a nice vegetarian restaurant, so I wanted to dress up a bit. This is certainly fancier than I typically dress, although it's actually a pretty simple outfit. I found this Forever 21 dress at a thrift store earlier that day and couldn't wait to wear it. There's really nothing all that special, but the color is so rich and compliments my skin tone really well.


I feel like such a grown up wearing a shawl. I don't know why, but it just seems so fancy and adult. I guess it reminds me of my mom. She's got an enormous scarf and shawl collection that I'm pretty jealous of. I've never worn this style, but it instantly classes up a look and kept me pretty warm on a chilly spring night. I'd like to invest in more as an alternative to cardigans or boleros.


Dress: thrifted Forever 21 (Village Thrift- Pennsauken, NJ)
Belt: Divided via H&M
Shoes: vintage (Buffalo Exchange- Philadelphia, PA)
Shawl: vintage (unknown)
Sunglasses: Forever 21

I may have mentioned that we've been fostering a cat for my friend Megg. Waffle's had a rough time adjusting and was initially very aggressive to our cats, Wumpus and Henry. I think she's had a rough life of getting kicked around by unpleasant roommates, so it's been very rewarding to see her open up to us very slowly. She still swats at the other cats, but every once in a while, I'm able to catch them all getting along for a few seconds. Then it goes back to chaos.

Waffle - Wumpus - Henry

3 comments:

  1. love this look dude! the brown goes really well with the navy blue. xo

    HALCOHOLIC.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. how pretty, and perfect for a dinner date (plus the name wumpus is amazing !)

    xo

    justyna

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cool! can't beat roof-top shot, xx

    ReplyDelete