Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mexican Radio


I feel as if I haven't written in aaaaaaaaages! In actuality, I only missed two days. Sunday was too hot and humid to put on anything but cut offs and a wifebeater and yesterday I was stuck in a salon all day. It was supposed to be phase II of a hair modeling gig I'm doing as a favor for my mom's hairdresser. Let's just say....six hours spent at the salon only to leave (almost) exactly as I came in. The design didn't work as she planned, so she ended up dying my hair back, with the exception of a random streak of black-to-light-pink-to-red in the bottom layer of my hair. You can only see it when my hair's pulled back, and it doesn't look bad...just random. Still not sure exactly what she was going for. I'm undecided if I'll go back yet for round 3.


Now that the humidity level is below 90% and I'm not worried about getting hair dye on clothes, I could finally plan a fun outfit. One year ago-hell, six months ago- if you told me that I'd own not one but two pochos, I would have called you a crazy person. But I've got to say I'm really digging this trend. I typically don't have the budget to take chances on styles that may only be chic for a couple of seasons, but at $1.45, I could definitely afford to take a chance. And I'm super glad I did because this thing is incredibly comfortable! Unlike my other poncho, this is loose knit weave that provides more than modest coverage while still keeping me cool. I'm not sure if belting a poncho has ever been done before. By all reasoning, it shouldn't work, but I think it turned out rather nicely!


Poncho: thrifted (American Thrift- Philadelphia, PA)
Tank Top: BDG via Urban Outfitters
Shorts: Xhilaration via Target
Belt: Divided via H&M
Shoes: vintage Mossimo (Village Thrift- Pennsauken, NJ)
Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters

2 comments:

  1. Really liking the poncho look. And sorry your hair didn't work out. Looks good from here!

    www.morganandlua.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that shirt is so groovy on you... love it!

    xo

    justyna

    ReplyDelete