Saturday, May 1, 2010

Gimme Gimme Gimme, I Need Some More



Holy crap, how the hell is it May already? I feel like it's such a cliche to say that time just flies by the older you get, but here I am, ten days away from my 23rd birthday not even knowing where the past year went! It feels like only yesterday that I moved home from California. I don't know if I'm where I hoped I would be at this point in my life, and yet, I'm so much farther than I could have ever hoped for. One year ago, the majority of my friends were graduating from college, entering an awful job market while I had long been immersed. Now, I'm finally taking the steps to return to school on my own terms. I've got an incredible boyfriend and we're embarking on a real future together. I've never gotten along with my family better, and for the first time, I'm starting to see them as real people and not just my parents. I don't mean to get all mushy or off-topic, but sometimes I get so overwhelmed when I look back on where I came from and where I am.


Ok, ok, back to the fashion. This is actually an outfit I wore last night for an impromptu trip to Brooklyn to visit my best friend Lee for her birthday. I loved the pairing of all of my favorite clothes- my favorite band shirt, a skirt in my favorite color, my favorite no-fuss hair style, the tights that make my legs look best, and my favorite scarf. Seeing as how I only wore the ensemble for a few hours and didn't get any pictures at the party, I couldn't resist wearing it today and getting proper photos.


By the way, how incredible are these shoes? I saw them last week at Sweet Jane, but only had enough money on me to buy the orange frog-print skirt I wore earlier this week. I knew I had to go back and I'm so glad I did. They're super chic, easy to walk in, and about as comfortable as I could hope for in dress shoes. My only gripe is that there are no treads on the soles, so I've come dangerously close to penguin diving on hardwood flooring. At least I'll be falling in style.


Shirt: eBay
Skirt: vintage Bebe (Buffalo Exchange- Austin, TX)
Scarf: vintage Anne Klein (Antique Mall- Philadelphia, PA)
Tights: Walgreens
Shoes: vintage (Sweet Jane- Philadelphia, PA)
Sunglasses: Forever 21

3 comments:

  1. I love your shirt so much!!!

    xo

    justyna

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love those shoes. who needs tread anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude i love that skirt, is looks so awesome with the black flag shirt. good score with the boots! i've never bought any shoes from sweet jane; the vintage sizing never fits my feet. they're a really cool, unexpected choice rather than say, maryjanes or combat boots. lovin it! i'll call you soon, love to you & ray. xo

    HALCOHOLIC.com

    ReplyDelete