Saturday, May 29, 2010

My Little Underground


Lately, I've been struggling with the perfect blogging schedule. Ideally, I would post every day, and for a couple months I was able to do that. Now my life is getting busier, my Internet connection is spottier, and opportunities to take pictures don't arrive until well after the sun is down. I could take a couple quick photos and post the details of where everything came from, but I don't know if that would interest the handful of readers I've somehow managed to attract to this site. However if I wait until the stars line up perfectly, it could well be a week or two. As a new blog, I know I've got to establish some regularity in posts but at the same time keep the quality top notch. So I ask you, especially those of you who do not know me in real life, what topics would you like to see? More designer showcases? Blogger spotlights? Season style guides? Book/music/recipe suggestions? Leave a comment and let me know what you think!

To be honest, I can't get enough of these shorts that I snagged last month. I find their my default choice when I'm feeling lazy or uninspired. While searching through my closet for a complimentary top, I came across this polo I bought on a trip to San Francisco when I lived in California. I can't find any information about the designer, but it has a definite Miu Miu vibe, except that it was bought two years prior to her collection's debut.

These pictures were shot outside Franklin Square, a beautiful park in the historic old city district of Philadelphia. They just renovated it a few years ago to include an old school merry-go-round and mini-golf course. I wanted to get pictures on the merry-go-round, but there were dozens of families and I could feel my cheeks turning crimson at the idea of trying to do a photoshoot in front of them. Instead, we opted to shoot in front of the entrance to the park, which I think may have even turned out better.


Polo- Energie
Shorts- vintage (Closet Exchange- Abington, PA)
Bracelet- flea market
Shoes- vintage Report (Retrospect- Philadelphia, PA)
Sunglasses- Urban Outfitters

4 comments:

  1. i totally adore your yellow shoes!! :D your shorts and shades are funky cool too! :D

    as for blog ideas, how about having a weekly thing about trends or inspiration. i try to do that in my blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outfit posts. I think thats what most of us are looking for, real life inspiration for when we get dressed everyday, you know real girl style on a budget. Runway stuff you can look at in magazines and on style.com, we want to see what your individuality. Also recipe/book/music stuff is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your legs look like they go on forever in the second photo! looking good. cute shirt too.

    ReplyDelete