Friday, April 9, 2010

It's Friday, I'm In Love

Man oh man, where did the week go? While I enjoyed the burst of warm weather that Philly enjoyed this past week, I'm greatful that last night's storm brought in some cooler weather. It's just how I like it- warm enough to go without tights, but cool enough to layer up should I be so inclined.


Today I opted for a long sleeved dress my brother bought me for Channukah this past winter. I so absentmindedly make wishlists of clothes I want, sheerly for my own amusement. Who would've thought anyone would be paying attention, let alone my brother? Thanks Alex! It was a fantastic gift so I can't believe I haven't worn it until now, four months after I received it. 


I love the loose, boxy cut. It feels less like a dress and more like I stole one of my boyfriend's shirts. Because I've got some weird curves (33-25-36), the key to keep the dress from looking like a burlap sack is to cinch it tight with an oversized belt. I think it also helps make me look a bit taller, which is always a plus. The dress is fairly plain and simple, so I took some liberties with the shoes, again to add some height. (Note to self: Next time you know you'll be taking pictures by yourself, with a tripod and self-timer on a roof three stories high, don't wear shoes you have trouble walking in!) Though unintentional, I also like the pairing of the belt buckle with the side buckles on the wedges.


Dress: Delia's
Belt: H&M
Wedges: Spring
Sunglasses: Forever 21

No comments:

Post a Comment