Saturday, April 17, 2010

Of Trees



Man, sometimes I forget how beautiful Philadelphia is and what little treasures are lurking just around the corner. This morning, I attended a "Rally in the Valley", fundraiser for the Philadelphia Mountain Bike Association. Not only did Ray win a cool new helmet in one of the raffles, but I got to spend a few hours hanging out in the Wissahickon Valley. The Wiss (as it's affectionately known to its patrons) is a large forested enclosure that runs along the Schuylkill River, a mere fifteen minutes from downtown. As much as I love the city, I really enjoy an occasional escape to nature. When I was younger, my parents would take me and my brother for bike rides or long walks nearly every weekend. Once I get a decent pair of hiking boots, I'd love to start up that tradition with Ray.


As we were attending a mountain biking event, I knew today was not the day to dress up in a cute cocktail dress and heels. Luckily for me, it was pretty chilly by the river, so wearing jeans and a flannel agreed with the weather. Even when I'm dressing down, I like to throw in small accentuating details, so I paired this sheer color block tank top with a lace bodysuit underneath. Overall, the look is nothing special, but it fit perfectly with walking through the woods.


Tank top: in love by 2 a.m. (via Urban Outfitters)
Lace body suit: American Apparel
Bandeau: BDG (via Urban Outfitters)
Plaid shirt: Mossimo (via Target)
Jeans: Forever 21
Shoes: H&M
Sunglasses: Forever 21

2 comments:

  1. nice place to take photos..
    its like nature and fashion in one.
    by the way are those real tattoo?

    http://asimpletee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have lovely style!

    Cool blog!

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete