Today Philadelphia is covered in a haze of grey clouds and non-stop drizzling rain. Despite the urge to crawl into sweatpants and never return, I decided to fight the gloom by donning one of my favorite summer dresses and willing the weather into changing. No luck so far, but I remain optimistic. This dress always reminds me of warm weather, as I bought it while on a work trip in Santa Barbara this fall. Anthropologie is generally a store I consider out of my budget, but every once in a while, the sales rack turns out a gem. This abstract printed number was originally $150 (in otherwords, way too much for me to buy, especially in the midst of a business trip), marked down to $40! if you can't tell by now, I love a great deal. More than that, I love the high quality of nicer garments, such as the corset-style boning and intricately sewn bow. It even has pockets guys!
Shoes: Moschino (thrifted via Village Thrift- Pennsauken, NJ)
Sunglasses: Forever 21
Another favorite rainy day activity is mocking up fantasy outfits. When I read that Chictopia was running a contest with Revolve Clothing to dream up a perfect warm weather outfit, how could I resist? The idea is to create a look based around your must-have item for this summer and I immediately thought of rompers. Though they've been trendy for a couple years now, I've finally decided to take the plunge. To keeping from looking like an overgrown toddler, pair light and colorful patterns with darker, edgy components. Here is how I styled the American Vintage jersey romper:
(click image to enlarge)
- American Vintage Jersey Romper in Granite- $99.00
- Matiko Blair Sandal in Bone- $114.00
- See By Chloe Daytripper Shoulder Bag in Tan- $695.00
- Joyrich Rosette Scarf in White- $26.00
- Vogue Sunglasses in Brown- $40.00
- Vestal Rosewood Acetate in White-Purple- $110.00
- House of Harlow Large Peackock Cockail Ring in Gold- $47.50
- Triskaidekaphobia Floral Ring Hidden Owl Wing in Antique Silver Plated Brass- $90.00
What are your must have items this spring/summer?