Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Warm It Up

Hey guys, this is going to be a quickie post. Ray's been sick the past couple days and my efforts have been focused around getting him back to 100%. As such, this look is neither adventurous nor runway chic, but it's effortless, it's comfortable, and it's fit for the sudden heatwave we've been experiencing this week.


As soon as I saw this tanktop, I fell in love. I'm a sucker for a super long top, but it's even got pockets guys! Pockets!! I've often thought about wearing this as a dress, but I think it'd be likely to get me featured on Daddy Likey's Don't Show-cha Your Chocha. Instead of losing my family-friendly credibility, I paired the tank with one of my countless pairs of cutoffs. Every fall I buy jeans that I think fit right. Every winter I realize that, once again, I'm too short for normal people pants, and relegate them to the bottom of my dresser drawer. Every spring I chide myself for being so wasteful. And every summer, I chop up the unwanted pants into cutoffs. And thus, the circle of clothes life continues.


On a sad note, I'm afraid this will probably be the last season of wear for my beloved zebra skimmers. In the past four years, I've worn these shoes so much that I literally wore holes in the back of the heel all the way through. I can literally stick a finger from one side to the other, but I love these so much that I've ignored the call to throw them out. I've been searching for comparable pairs, but no luck so far. Either the print is tacky or the cut is more of a ballet flat than a traditional skimmer. I remain hopeful, but know that come summer, they must be thrown out.

Top: Forever 21
Shorts: H&M
Shoes: Delia's
Sunglasses: Forever 21

1 comment: